Publisher Iceberg Interactive invites players to start an epic journey through the untamed Norse wilderness as Land of the Vikings gears up to exit Early Access and officially release on October 9th, 2023 on Steam. To celebrate the 1.0 release, Iceberg Interactive has decided to maintain the price at $19.99 for one more week after release and provide a 25% discount during that period. After the discount period, the price will increase to $24.99.
Developed by Laps Games and published by Iceberg Interactive, this Viking-themed survival colony sim game challenges players to flourish in an untamed land, build a thriving settlement, and lead their Vikings to glory.
After the early access release in November 2022, the developers gathered valuable player feedback and implemented significant improvements to the game. The latest Battle and Runic update represents one of three major updates introduced during the Early Access period. These updates have added features like the building editor, enhanced battle and defense systems, and additional maps throughout the year of Early Access development.
Key Features of Land of the Vikings:
1. Survival and Prosperity: In Land of the Vikings, chop trees, plant and grow crops, hunt wildlife, mine ore and fish from the surrounding seas and fjords. From victuals to vikings, manage your resources carefully to ensure you can outlast the winter, and expand your settlement season to season.
2. Unique Villagers: Each villager in your settlement is a distinct character with over 20 individual characteristics. Assign tasks based on their skills and abilities. Not all Vikings are created equal, so strategic planning is key to success.
3. Expand Your Clan: More Vikings will ask to join your settlement as it grows. You can choose to welcome them or turn them away. Over time, your Vikings will begin new families and give birth to new generations, extending their lineage and strengthening your village.
4. Weather the Storm: From earthquakes to lightning-sparked fires, the Viking world is rife with disasters that threaten your settlement. The seasons bring their own challenges, including storms, blizzards, and bone-chilling winters. Prepare by stockpiling enough firewood and food to keep your Vikings warm and well-fed.
5. Trade and Conquer: Establish trade routes to neighboring settlements, acquiring goods and gold to enhance your village. Raid foreign villages to plunder their gold and silver, and gain fame points.Train and strengthen your Vikings, and command them through the all-new battle system to ensure your victory, while defending your settlement from other villages.
6. Freedom to Build: No grids allowed. You can build wherever you want, designing your village as you see fit, and to increase your Vikings’ happiness. Construct monuments to Odin or Freya and customize the look of your Viking ships. You will even be able to modify the look of houses with the building editor.
7. Yggdrasil – The Tech Tree of Life: Unlock new buildings and bonuses by spending fame points in the Tree of Life. Discover beer brewing and build a tavern for your villagers to relax in. Invest in goat farming to gather wool and weave fabric for better clothes. As you create better quality living and resources, your Vikings will become healthier and happier, and your settlement will flourish.
Land of the Vikings is scheduled to launch for PC on Steam on October 9th, 2023.