Maximum Games today announced a global release date for the first-person spell-casting video game, Lichdom: Battlemage. The game, previously released on STEAM, will arrive on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One March 22, 2016.
Playing like a first-person shooter, Lichdom: Battlemage is unique in that there are no guns, no knives, and no swords – just raw magic – making the game the first of its kind to employ magic as the exclusive form of weaponry.
“The game is classic in its storytelling, yet completely unique in its gameplay,” said Christina Seelye, CEO of Maximum Games. “Like most magic games, there are definite RPG elements, but the game is pure action – through and through.”
Lichdom: Battlemage centers on the concept of unbridled power and magic with absolutely no mana bars and zero cool downs. When the wicked overlord known as Shax rips your closest loved one from the world, you set out on a journey to hunt him down. Before you embark on your quest for vengeance, a wizard grants you unlimited magical powers and designates you “Dragon,” the most powerful battlemage on earth.
- Robust spell-crafting system with 8 main sigils from which to craft thousands of spells
- Customizable play style: choose your crafting technique and combat strategy
- Fierce battles with armies of undead within varied landscapes and battle arenas
- Explosive, fast-paced action in the vein of first-person shooters
- Multiple opportunities to collect extra loot from fallen enemies
Lichdom: Battlemage is slated for release on March 22, 2016. For more information, visit www.lichdom-battlemage.com to find out more.