Introduction to Video Games
Video games are the most interesting form of entertainment that encourages gamers to become active in the game content. Video games are not new; they have been in the market for the past 30 years, but with the advancement of technology, players can now enjoy more sophisticated forms that allow them to engage emotionally and physically on a much deeper level than ever before.
According to many scientists and psychologists, playing video games certainly has some benefits as they develop a gamer’s abstract thinking skills. The brain’s physical structure is modified by playing games as the brain muscles get built up with video gaming exercises.
The combination of neurotransmitter surges and concentration while playing video games helps strengthen neural circuits that give your brain the workout it needs. Video games have been proved to enhance mental skills, including –
- Reading and maths skills;
- Teamwork and cooperation with multiplayer games;
- Decision-making and speed analysis;
- Resource management, planning, and logistics;
- Fine motor coordination, special skills, hand-eye coordination;
- Logic and problem-solving.
5 Best Casino Video Games
- Four Kings Casino & Slots – This online multiplayer game allows gamers to immerse in a virtual casino world. There are some prestigious apparel and 3D avatars that the players can customize according to their taste. Registered players can access the most renowned casino games, including roulette, slots, video poker, and blackjack.
- Governor of Poker – In this game, players can compete with their friends, earn gaming points and challenge new players in Texas Hold’em. There are different levels in this competition that sharpen the poker skills of the gamers.
- IGT Slots Paradise Garden – A heart-pounding live-action game that offers 15 slot machines to choose from, featuring real-world sounds and sights. The slots include Paradise Garden, 100 Wolves, Desert Spirit, Gold Bar 7, Fire Rubies, Fish in Apparel, etc.
- Blackjack championship – This game has different modes and a diverse range of stakes that allow gamers to place their jackpot wagers. Players can also enjoy weekly missions and seasonal events that help them brush their skills and compete against the best blackjack players in real-time.
- The Coin game – This is fun-filled gameplay where players can find multiple arcade machines and more than 20 classic games and rides to choose from.
Related Article: Best Crypto Slots Site
Tips on Managing Video Game Use
- Know every video game’s rating.
- Do not install game equipment in the bedroom.
- Set limits on the duration of gameplay.
- Supervise the use of the internet as many games are available online.
- Take your time to discuss the games or other media that are most watched.
5 Most Relevant Video Game Categories Today
- Sandbox – Sandbox gaming titles can be conceptual and are often associated with open environments, non-linear gameplay, and player choice.
- Real-time strategy (RTS) – RTS games generally include map and resource management. Some examples of RTS are Age of Empires, WarCraft, and Command and Conquer.
- Shooters (FPS and TPS) – Shooter games are one of the long-standing genres with two sub-genres – the third-person shooter (TPS) and first-person shooter (FPS).
- Role-playing (RPG, ARPG, and More) – The most popular sub-genres under role-playing games include RPG, Action RPG (ARPG), Computer RPG (CRPG), Massively Multiplayer Online RPG (MMORPG), Tactical RPG (TRPG), Roguelike, and Roguelite.
- Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) – MOBA is an extremely popular sub-genre that offers a multiplayer battle arena and other exciting features available in real-time. One key difference between RTS and MOBA is the player’s role and character. However, You can also play online crypto gambling, if you want to play casino games. You can find best crypto gambling sites at CryptoNewsZ’s gambling section.
Rules of Playing Video Games
Some of the rules of playing videos games are –
- The best time to play video games is after school or in the evening to allow kids to relax and unwind from their hectic school schedule. Set timers to help your young ones and resistant teenagers; let them know when to play and when not to play video games.
- If rule #1 is not followed, ensure that for every additional minute your child plays, that time is to be deducted from the following day’s game time.
- It is important to keep an eye on your child and see if they have any personal contact with other people they meet online while playing games.
- All requested or required chores and homework should be completed before your child starts another gaming round on the same day. Allow a little leeway on weekends to let them relax.
- Give your child the opportunity to earn additional gaming time when they fulfill certain targets laid down by the parents.
- Never take away the enjoyment of playing video games as a form of universal punishment unless the rules of playing video games are breaking or interfering with the proper well-being of your child.
Future of Video Games
The future of video games has never been brighter than today, with thousands of players worldwide and billions of dollars in revenue. The interactive and games media market earned over $120 bn in 2019, as stated by SuperData. Mobile games have generated more than gaming and PC consoles, which are about $15.4 billion and $29.6 billion, respectively.
In 2020, about 7 billion players worldwide constituted around 35% of the world’s population, according to Statista. With the advancement of technology and the evolution of the gaming industry, many companies like Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have been continuously advancing in terms of innovation in the gaming console space. The market for video games has been attracting some of the industry’s tech giants, including Facebook, Google, Apple, and Amazon, by offering gaming products and extending games to the cloud.
To conclude, video games are educative, fun, and at most times, practical. The games offer stunning graphics and an enthralling game setting that offers a close-to-reality experience. Technological advancements have led to the introduction of VR, AI, and 3D graphics in gaming, but this is not the end. The developers are continuously working on bringing innovations so players can have more realistic, fully immersive gaming simulations on their lenses and screens. The future of video games is bright and will be modified to produce a more awe-inspiring gaming experience and increase the opportunities for players to engage and interact with others socially.