Your World of Warcraft character is your own virtual representation and sidekick in this historic, groundbreaking and incredibly popular game. The level of detail and effort that has gone into devising these awesome beings cannot be overlooked. There are most likely levels to the character DNA which you weren’t aware of and each bit plays into the uniqueness and excitement surrounding the character.
Taking the time to prepare and set yourself up properly will ensure your experience is heightened and the best it can possibly be.
What Are The Key Things I Should Be Aware Of When It Comes To World of Warcraft Characters?
When you begin your journey of selecting a character for the game, there are some key fundamentals you need to decide upon before you get started.
When creating a new character you need to first choose one of the following classes:
- Death Knight
- Demon Hunter
Based on the class you choose, you get given certain abilities, benefits and spells. The other main things to take into account and decide upon is the faction (or side) of which there are two, and race, of which there are 11 in total.
The Alliance is formed of:
- Night Elves
The Horde is formed of:
- Blood Elves
You can choose which faction you want to join, based on your individual preferences.
How Should I Go About Naming My World of Warcraft Characters?
Naming anything that you care about should be fairly special. It’s a personal identifier that means something. A label for life. Take your time, feel it in your heart and stick with it.
When thinking about a name, ask yourself:
- Is it awesome?
- Is it relevant to you and your character?
- Would people recognize you immediately?
- Is it memorable?
Focusing on how unique it is will allow you to stand out and really devise your own persona in the game, without getting lost amongst the thousands of other players.
When approaching the topic of choosing cool WOW names for your characters, check out all the available options and go with the one which feels right for you.
Are There Ways To Name My World of Warcraft Character I May Not Be Aware Of?
Sometimes with these sorts of tasks you just want to get it out the way and begin playing. All sorts of different software and apps have been constructed to help gamers choose a name for their new fantasy characters. One which has shown to be overwhelmingly popular and provides a time saving method is a name generator.
A name generator is:
- A somewhat random generator based on some features you enter at the front end
- Specific to the game you are playing. For example if you select the WOW option, they will give you suggestions which are relevant to WOW and are similar to previous ones used
- A huge library of potential names based on past data and successful names already being used in the game
- Helpful as it saves you time and effort
- A great tool to use for the future as you can make a note of all the suggestions and use them down the line next time
This is a very popular choice for lots of gamers. You can be safe in the knowledge that you will be given multiple quality suggestions, given how long the game has been around and the consumer data there is to go off.
If you want some other ways to come up with a name for your character, you could try:
- Using a character you like from a book, series or movie
- A name you’ve used previously
- Choosing a random idea from a hat
- Asking your mates for their opinion
- Taking another character’s name and editing it slightly
- Using your own name
As you dive deeper into the functionality and features of the characters and factions, you’ll soon realize how many layers there are to this. The information laid out above will give you a brief introduction to the World of Warcraft characters and the multiple routes you can explore.
Deciding which faction to join, what class to go with and the name you choose for your character is all going to be based on how you feel and the research you’ve done prior to selection. Either way once you’ve decided, you can take the plunge into the amazing and surreal World of Warcraft.