The gaming industry in the US is worth more than 100 billion dollars. In the last few years, games like Pokémon go, PUBG, and Fortnite have completely changed the way we look at this industry.
Can you believe some people even booked Uber drivers just to find Pokémon around the city? Things, like this, are happening right now, and if you think you have an amazing idea for a game, then definitely go for it.
However, becoming a game developer is not as easy as it sounds. There are certain things that one should be prepared for in order to be successful in this field. We are here to share with you some great things that an aspiring game developer needs to have in 2019.
5 Amazing things that every aspiring game developer needs to have:
- Money: – When it comes to becoming a game developer, money is a must-have. Most people want to get into this industry when they are in high school or college which is that chapter in our lives when we do not have enough money.
You must have a laptop which satisfies a developer’s needs, a great internet connection, expensive software, and tools. Buying all these things by yourself will probably not be an option, and most people consider getting a small loan.
After all, getting loans have become extremely easy. However, you need to have a good credit score in order to get approved for loans.
If you do not have a good credit score, then using your loved one’s credit card to purchase the needs can be a good idea.
But before you use someone else’s credit card, you should learn a little about Authorized User Tradelines, check websites, like CreditRepairCompanies.com, to find more information regarding this.
- Software for Coding: – No matter what game you are planning on making, you need a code editor. There are tons of different code editors available, do your research and figure out which one you like.
We recommend going for Sublime 2, it is more intuitive than other softwares in the market and you can customize it to suit your needs. It’s free anyway, so give it a try and see if that’s the one for you.
- Fast and Stable Internet: – When it comes to developing a game, you will need to do a lot of research and learn new things every day.
Unless you are in a great college surrounded by amazing faculty members who help you with everything, you will need a good internet connection. You will need to sign up for some master classes to learn even more and find new friends on the same domain.
You can check platforms, like Skillshare and Udemy to find courses, and watching tutorials where you have to wait every 5 mins for the video to buffer is not a good feeling. Thus, get yourself a good internet service provider and keep your laptop connected using an ethernet cable.
- Organization Tools: – There are some great organizational tools that will help you out so much as a game developer. Do some research and find out the tools that look promising to you, we recommend going for Asana, it is an extremely lightweight software and easy to manage.
- Gamepads: – You might feel like using your keyboard for testing and creating the games but having a good controller can be a much better option. Most people hesitate to use them, but you won’t know how good they are until you use one. Give them a try and you will never wanna use keyboards for testing.
There you go, these are the 5 must-haves for a game developer in 2019. Note them down and keep them in mind, they will definitely help you out. Good luck!