Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Season 12 – Reckoning is now available on PC. The update celebrates a very special milestone for the 100% free-to-play MMORPG based on the iconic Star Trek franchise, as the game celebrates its incredible 7th Anniversary. To commemorate this achievement, captains can experience a brand-new episode, featuring the debut of General Rodek, voiced by actor Tony Todd. Players will also complete daily missions to earn special rewards, including the new Lukari ship, which the community helped design last fall. Season 12 – Reckoning will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at a later date.
Season 12 puts out a desperate call to captains across the galaxy to battle the powerful Tzenkethi, a highly-intelligent, militant warp-capable species. The mission begins when the Lukari set out on a journey to investigate some unusual activity in an unexplored region of the Alpha Quadrant. Upon further inspection, they discover data that suggests weaponized use of protomatter and request immediate assistance from the Alliance. Captains must work together with the Lukari to prevent a looming cataclysmic attack from the Tzenkethi.
These events all transpire in Season 12’s newest featured episode, “Of Signs and Portents.” The update also brings back Star Trek Online’s popular anniversary events and offers players new content to explore, including a challenging new reputation, two new space queues and new Research and Development school. A full list of features for Season 12 – Reckoning includes:
• New Lukari Science Vessel – Captains can finally earn the community-designed T6 Lukari Ho’kuun Science Vessel by participating in daily anniversary missions and completing the new featured episode.
• Two Daily Anniversary Missions –Completing “Omega Molecule Stabilization Daily” and “Party Patrol” each day will earn dilithium, reputation marks and pictures of Q, which must be collected to earn the new Lukari ship.
• Omega Molecule Stabilization Mini-Game – Players can track down omega particles that Q has scattered across the galaxy and use them to craft upgrade kits.
• New Featured Episode – In the brand new episode, “Of Signs and Portents,” captains team up with the Lukari to battle the Tzenkethi and earn rewards toward the new Lukari Science Vessel.
• New Reputation – “The Lukari Restoration Initiative” allows players to earn marks toward weapons and gear infused with protomatter technology to defend themselves from the Tzenkethi.
• New Crafting School – Season 12 introduces a new Research School to the R&D System, allowing captains to create new kits and modules.
• Two New Space Queues
o “Gravity Kills” – Captains will lead an attack on a Tzenkethi protomatter facility and collect Hawking particles to drop their special defenses.
o “The Tzenkethi Front” – Players will defend the Eta Serpentis system from a Tzenkethi attack by turning their protomatter weapons against them.
• Full Space Battlezone – Captains will head out to the final frontier to lead an all-out war against the Tzenkethi, in an effort to stop the production and deployment of protomatter weapons.
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game where players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, become a Klingon Warrior and champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy, or rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird. In Star Trek Online, players have the opportunity to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek universe, reach out to unexplored star systems and make contact with new alien species. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.