Gamious and Whitethorn Games announce their upcoming slice-of-life interactive story game Lake will launch September 1st on Xbox Series X|S, as well as Steam for Windows PC.
It’s September 1, 1986. You take on the role of forty-something Meredith Weiss, who returns from the big city to her quiet hometown. She exchanges her busy career at a software company to fill in for her dad, the local mail carrier.
During her two-week stay in beautiful Providence Oaks, Oregon, she runs into a few familiar faces as well as plenty of new folk. As Meredith, you get to decide who to talk to, who to befriend and perhaps even start a romantic relationship with.
Whatever happens, at the end of her stint she’ll have to make up her mind: return to her demanding job in the big city, or stay in the town she grew up in?
Play Lake and…
• Escape to a beautiful, rustic environment without cellphones and the Internet.
• Drive around the lake in your dad’s trusty mail truck, or let the auto-pilot do the work.
• Talk to a range of engaging characters, each with their own personalities and quirks.
• Choose after-work activities: hang out with your friends, help out your neighbors or stay home and read a book.
• Experience two weeks of branching story that doesn’t shy away from slice-of-life themes.
• Determine your own story: there are no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ answers or endings, simply what you want to happen.
Lake is also set to release later on other platforms beyond Xbox and Steam.