The two biggest well-received sorts of internet-based amusement in previous seasons were eSports and online casinos. The option to participate from the convenience of one’s household, the possibility of significant winnings, and the chance to interact with other Australian players are just a few of the parallels between them, even if they may initially appear to be very dissimilar.
For the past three years, it’s hardly surprising that internet betting companies are beginning to provide wagering on competitive computer game tournaments given the sum of cash that is pouring into the eSports sector. This article will explore the prevalence of eSports on gambling websites. Before scrolling down for more information, let us first and foremost convey our profound thanks to the BetPokies team, and in particular to John Gold, for their tireless research work that helped to produce this article.
What Is an eSport?
Electronic sports, also known as eSports, is a professionally recognized video gaming competition. The basic idea is that teams are competing alongside one another in games and events in order to win money. It functions similarly to conventional sports. In eSports, professional Aussie players compete in a digital game rather than elite athletes battling it out for the first spot.
Currently, some claim that eSports are growing in popularity just as much as traditional sports. This is primarily due to how straightforward and easily available eSports are. While planning a traditional sporting event, participants must congregate in one place. Meanwhile, playing video games online only requires a working internet connection to link yourself to other Australian gamers from across the globe.
Is eSport Betting Legal in Australia?
eSports betting is allowed in Australia as long as you utilize a legitimate gambling platform, where it is regulated by the Australian law in the same manner as all other sports.
Games Played in an eSport Competition at Online Casinos
The following games are included on the list of the top eSports betting choices:
- League of Legends – it’s a fantasy role-playing game with two groups with five participants each. The objective is to destroy the base along with as many players as you can for the enemy squad.
- Dota 2 – it’s a video game created by Valve in which two teams of five players battle it out to destroy the enemy’s stronghold.
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive – it is a Valve game that sets a squad of terrorists vs a group of counterterrorism in order to kill one another or accomplish goals like releasing captives.
- Hearthstone – this is a digital collectible card game by Blizzard in which gamers build up their decks by completing quests and decimating their rivals’ vitality. With Hearthstone, wagers on the overall winner are possible, but the stakes may be fairly high due to the large number of competitors. You can wager on specific games and also predict how well a competitor will advance in a competition.
- Call of Duty – it is a first-person shooter set during World War II that was developed by Activision and Infinity Ward. Here, wagers on individual matches and the outcome of the entire tournament are popular.
- Starcraft 2 – it is a legendary real-time sci-fi tactical game by Blizzard. Besides outright victors, popular wagers include quarter finalists, semifinal participants, and champion nations.
- Heroes of the Storm– it’s another game by Blizzard, combines Diablo, Starcraft, Overwatch, and Warcraft into one massively online multiplayer combat.
- Fortnite – the 3 game modes—cooperative shooting, Battle Royale, and Creative helped Fortnite conquer the globe in 2017, becoming the most popular eSports game currently available.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) – this is a free-to-play game with up to 100 concurrent players that is inspired by the Japanese film Battle Royale. Although teams of gamers are allowed, the person who wins is the final guy or woman surviving.
- Overwatch – it’s a six-on-six shooter wherein gamers select a hero with 4 distinct skills to defeat the opposition, including Damage, Defense, Tank, and Support.
How to Start Betting on eSports
In order to wager on eSports in Australia, you must:
- Pick an Australian gambling website.
- For example: you can choose neosurf casinos (quick deposit and withdrawal).
- Register an account to wager for free.
- Deposit A$.
- Pick a good betting market for esports.
- Make a wager.
For enthusiasts, the fusion of eSports with gambling websites is a fascinating phenomenon. Australian gamers may now apply their honed speed and synchronization in matches that have the opportunity to win actual cash prizes. There is no innate indicator in the market that suggests the rapid ascent of Esports casino wagering will suddenly come to an end.
Gambling can be addictive and a destructive habit. If you or your loved one is suffering from a gambling problem, kindly seek help by calling the Gambling Helpline: 1 800 858 85.