Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) today announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection has been released for major platforms. In collaboration with Nickelodeon, thirteen radical games from KONAMI’s entire archive of retro 8-bit, 16-bit, and arcade TMNT titles and their Japanese versions bring Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo to life on console and PC.
Editor’s Note: Check out our Save State Columnist’s full review of The Cowabunga Collection.
The Cowabunga Collection goes beyond the heated battles against Shredder’s hapless henchmen and dives deeper into the sewers to uncover never-before-seen development documents, game concept art, and sketches directly from KONAMI’s TMNT vault.
Discover the Turtle’s Lair: a virtual museum housing all things TMNT. Listen to retro game tunes and let the nostalgia take you back in time. Dig into the creative process of how the games were brought to life with concept sketches not previously seen by the public until now. Revisit original game manuals lost to time that have been painstakingly restored to prime condition.
To keep up with the times, the collection features quality-of-life upgrades such as save and rewind features to pick up or restart wherever players choose. Watch-and-play mechanics allows players to let the game progress through levels on its own to help them get past difficult game stages before jumping back in to take control. Fun battle modes that enhance the gameplay experience have been added to spice up familiar game levels.
Included in the collection are strategy guides to help take players to the next level. Maps and the locations of hidden power ups are now at players’ fingertips. Not being able to accomplish the underwater mission in the TMNT game for the NES may soon be a thing of the past!
This timeless collection of original classics gives chasing down Shredder, fighting the Foot, and tangling-up with Bebop and Rocksteady a fresh look at why KONAMI’s adaptations of the heroes in a half shell set the standard in beat ‘em up, action games. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection include
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of The Foot Clan (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)