Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven today released Going Green, the latest expansion for their prison management simulator Prison Architect. Going Green gives inmates a green thumb, introducing farming, green energy, and expanded gameplay mechanics. Prison Architect: Going Green is available now on Paradox Plaza, Steam, GOG, Origin, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
For those looking to start playing Prison Architect, the PC base game is now available on Xbox Game Pass. Prison Architect will be available during a Steam sale this weekend from January 28 to February 1 where players can purchase the PC base game at a 75% discount, and the Psych Ward and Island Bound expansions at a 40% and 50% discount respectively. For anyone who wants to try before they buy, Prison Architect will be free to play this weekend from January 29th through January 31st on Steam.
“Xbox Game Pass on PC is a great way for us to reach new players and lower the barrier to entry for prospective Prison Architect fans,” says Steacy McIlwham, Product Manager for Prison Architect at Paradox Interactive. “We have more great content planned for 2021, and we want as many people as possible to join our community and come along for the journey!”
Going Green Key Features
• Fruits of Labor: Farming introduces a new type of Prison Labor, allowing prisons to grow potatoes, wheat, apples, and more. Produce can be exported or used as ingredients for inmate meals.
• Room to Grow: Three outdoor rooms facilitate farming: Fruit Orchard, Farm Field and Vegetable Allotment. But that’s not all, players can recruit staff Farm Workers, build a Pantry to store produce, and construct a Shed to house farming-related items.
• Best Buds: Inmates who enjoy nature’s beauty can grow flowers and other plants recreationally. Gardening affects inmates and gives them a positive recreation activity.
• Trouble is Brewing: With new crops comes new contraband. Prisoners can now secretly grow herbs in the fields and swipe kitchen ingredients to brew Booze. Fields can also become Gang Turf, so keep your guards on alert!
• A Greener New Deal: Prisons get an eco-friendly makeover with Solar, Wind, and Solar/Wind Hybrid power sources. Excess power created by these sustainable methods can be sold back to the grid using the Power Export Meter.
Launching alongside Going Green is The Glasshouse, a free content update available to all Prison Architect players. Wardens will notice some highly-requested community improvements, as well as additional objects, quickrooms, community improvements. The best part – Wardens will also be joined by two new K9 units Shepherd and Bowtie Bandit.