Plarium, a leading mobile and social game developer, has today announced the expansion of its massively multiplayer online (MMO) medieval franchise, Stormfall, to iOS and Android mobile devices. The new title, Stormfall: Rise of Balur, immerses players in a world of ancient magic, dragons, and heroes with the mission of restoring Stormfall to its former glory. Players must rebuild the throne of a fallen empire by forming strategic alliances with other players and waging war against their rivals.
Its predecessor on social media, Stormfall: Age of War, was a smash hit upon its release in November 2012, instantly gaining notoriety for the title’s advanced level of graphics, audio and depth. The title went on to generate over 30 million registered users in the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Russia and more.
Plarium seeks to continue this momentum by reaching new and existing players on-the-go with the launch on mobile devices. Major updates for iOS and Android devices include an optimized user interface to fit portrait orientation, streamlined action menus, new game mechanisms and buildings. The 3D graphics have been bolstered to take full advantage of the latest mobile capabilities, including a brighter display, heightened attention to character and environmental detail with more on-screen activity at a single time.
“As mobile continues to be a thriving platform for gaming, Stormfall: Rise of Balur allows our hardcore community to immerse themselves in an MMO experience, all at their own convenience,” said Avi Shalel, Plarium’s CEO. “In addition to enhancing the features that made the social version so popular, we redesigned many visual aspects of the game to increase clarity and depth, and adapt to a smaller screen.”
Stormfall: Rise of Balur provides users with real-time strategic gameplay, allowing them to acquire resources through battling with competing castles, and engaging in raids and trades with other users. In order to survive, players are encouraged to form alliances with fellow lords and use sly tactics to gain the upper hand. Key game features include:
Experience Medieval Fantasy
– Detailed artwork and graphics will appeal to fans of medieval fantasy, myth, and legend.
– Frequent updates offering new units, content, and gameplay features and strategies.
– Fully translated in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Russian.
Immerse Yourself in a Bigger World
– Your castle is just the beginning. Join fast-paced clan gameplay as you and your allies battle for Beacons and map territory. Control the Beacons – and you control Stormfall.
– Take part in monthly Global Quests and special events with other players to unlock the story of Stormfall, fight NPC enemies, and earn exclusive units and abilities.
– Original soundtrack by award-winning composer Jesper Kyd makes you feel like a part of the action anywhere in the world.
Expand Your Realm
– Customize your empire from the ground up by building mines, farms, and military buildings while simultaneously protecting your assets from constant threat.
– Expand the borders of your domain by conquering neutral villages, occupying rivals and defending quest locations.
– Make tough choices as you balance building construction, discovery of Lost Arts, and the strengths and advantages of your military forces.
– Interact with global players and friends while comparing your achievements in rankings.
Defend Your Empire
– There are many ways to be a champion in these dark times – players can defend their castle alone, or seek victory through alliances with fellow lords.
– Gather armies to defend the throne. Recruit barbarians, paladins, knights, shades, dragons, and more to march under your banner.
– Acquire resources through raids.
Stormfall: Rise of Balur is now available for users around the globe in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Russian, and can be accessed for on the Apple App Store at http://bit.ly/StormfalliOS and on Google Play at http://bit.ly/StormfallAndroid