Do you remember Pang! (or Buster Bros.) from the old arcade days? We certainly have fond memories from those days and that game. Didn’t you ever wished someone mixed that game with proper platforming mechanics? No? Odd, we do. We probably better say, we did, since we decided to take the matter into our own hands and build a game with that premise. The result: Spheroids.
In Spheroids you take control of Lucas, a jumpy Canadian boy who sets out on an adventure with his crazy scientist companion Otto after it’s discovered that the government has been hiding alternative universes from the cubic world they live in. Unfortunately, these alternative universes contain spheres that wish to turn everything round, so it’s up to Lucas to save the world from these dangerous aliens: the Spheroids!
The game has a release date of January the 5th 2017 for Wii U, January the 10th for PS4 and PSVita (cross-buy) and January the 20th for Xbox One and Win10 (Xbox Play Anywhere). We’re also planning a 3DS release at some point later in the year and Spheroids is currently on Steam greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764002307
• Platformer with unique gameplay mechanics
• Story mode comprising of 32 levels in 8 different locations
• Great variety of enemies and gadgets to use against them
• Unique art-style that mixes pixel art with vector graphics
• Original soundtrack adapted to the 8 different locations in the game